Friday, December 4, 2009

kelsey - dance

One of my favorite forms of art in dance. I really wish I could dance, because when you watch someone dance it really conveys emotion and meanings in ways that it hard to describe but you can feel non the less. And I can only imagine that if it feels that way to watch a really good dance, it must be a really powerful feeling to actually be able to dance it. Something about the movement of you body in the rhythm of something outside of it...releasing your control to interact with it...has an almost humbling yet overpowering effect. One of my favorite things about art is alot of times it serve no other purpose than to draw out or convey emotion or meaning or simple praise. Especially art used in the worship of god, it is so moving to see something with no other purpose than pure worship. I think that is one of the things that makes art such a powerful display of God and life.

No comments: