Friday, December 4, 2009

kelsey- icons

When I was writing my paper on icons I came across some information that explained how there are restrictions and regulations on the creation of icons that include particular ways of mixing or not mixing of colors. I thought that was interesting and noticed that there was a lot of meanings and planning in those rules. I had mixed feelings on them though because I felt that to a certain extent the restrictions seem unnecessary and over regulating. With a more free approach there would be a better flow of the spirit of the art itself in the experience that would allow for multiple interpretations or possibly a more free flowing spirit throughout. With greater diversity in art, there could be an interesting effect in which particular pieces of art would speak to particular people.

No comments: